Sunday, March 18, 2012

Six Month Update

It's been six months since I began my weight loss effort. I no longer write down everything I eat, I don't have to. By logging everything for nearly four months I've learned how any calories are in my snacks and meals.

My weight loss total is in the 36 pound range. I still have 30 pounds to go but they will not come off fast. I am not trying for that. If I can shed the final 30 pounds by the end of summer I'd be very satisfied.

I have a niece getting married November 3 and I would like to be fit and trim for that occasion.

My wife and I attended a wedding in early March of this year and family members from her side were highly complimentary. Feedback is my only reward, it pushes me to work harder in the gym.

My gym workouts are a daily event. I average 6 days per week, average 30 to 40 minutes per session. I would do more but I get bored. I alter muscle groups pushing one day, pulling the next. My workouts are almost completely anaerobic. Some days I get peak heart rate some days not. My back, arms, chest and shoulders have never been stronger.

My diet includes more chicken, less red meat. More soups, more vegetables, berries and brown rice over white rice. Egg whites over whole eggs but occasionally I'll eat egg yokes.

When we visit our local steak house I now get the chicken salad and water and maybe a dinner roll.

My wife wanted to use a gift card at Outback Steakhouse last weekend. She craved a "Bloomin Onion", I sensed a setup and it was. I did not have the willpower not to help myself. Between three of us we killed it off. Cecelia and I split a hamburger for the entree. None of it was satisfying, the entire meal sucked.

I felt sick for hours after the meal. I can say definitively I'll never enjoy fatty fried appetizers or entrees ever again.

With warm to hot weather coming I'll be outside more, moving more. I'll report in once in awhile for an update.

1,500 calories or less per day with some exertion every day. That is my life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment