Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Gone And With It a Pound Of Fat


I was fairly well disciplined for the four day holiday weekend. Here is the summary for the four day weekend.

Here is the breakdown
  1. Thursday 1,320 (net) calories
  2. Friday 1,210 net "
  3. Saturday 1,430 net "
  4. Sunday 1,690 net"
From Positivehealthsteps.com, "a male who is over 55 and plays golf twice a week can consume 2400 calories daily to maintain his weight and on his golf days have a treat equal to 380 calories and not put on weight"

I workout to some extent every day so I'm positive my metabolic burn is more than 2,400 calories a day. For the purposes of the exercise below I'll stick with 2,400.

Following the math that one pound equals 3,500 calories and I consumed a total of  5,620 calories over four days. I "burned"  9,600 for a deficit of 4,000 calories or roughly about a one pound loss for the four days!

Since I do not use a scale at this moment in time I have to hope that calculation holds up.  As for how I look and feel, I'm losing inches, I know because as I noted a couple of weeks ago I went down a full size in my waist to a size 40" from 42" and those are now becoming looser. I do have a weigh-in coming at a doctor appointment in a couple of weeks and will post my results.

Today I take my son back to Berkeley and will eat on the road. I'll be back mid afternoon with a calorie report.

5:00 Protein shake 150 calories.
8:00 Breakfast burrito, 300 calories.
11:00 Chicken sandwich 300 calories.
2:30 Big bowl of mixed fruit, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple 150 calories.
5:45 Turkey meatball soup, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, garlic, ginger in chicken soup base. Green salad, small. Total 400 calories combined. The sodium level in the base was way too much but I did not have time to make a base from scratch.
8:00 One beer, my weekly beer, Pliny The Elder. OMG 300 calories. That is a guess.

1,600 calories, no gym = 1,600 calories for the day. This binging needs to stop!!!!




2 comments:

  1. We are all learning a lot about calorie counting and are amazed at your diligence in sticking to the program. Your commitment to the gym and eating right is inspiring! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to hear your new weight when you go for your check-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do Frank. Thank you for reading the food log and also for the comments.
    I really like my gym so that makes gearing up and getting there real easy. Seeing positive changes in the nest reward and re-enforcement.

    ReplyDelete