Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 48 Sunday

6:00 am gym workout, mostly cardio as best I could. Because I have almost no use of my knees I cannot use the elliptical but I can use the power glider to an extent. I also use the inverted bicycle pedal type machine. Walking doesn't hurt but because I am stiff it is not comfortable. Whatever, I get some cardio though it is not pure. No weights today as I have a slight muscle pull on the lower right side of my rib cage caused by pushing too much on the sitting military press yesterday. Forced rest there for a few days.
Today we will have a sit down family meal of ham, potatoes, asparagus, green salad and a fruit salad. Our son goes back to Berkeley tomorrow morning to get ready for finals.  We get him back for the Christmas break on the 18th.
Keys today, water and fruit.

5:30 Protein drink 150 calories.
8:00 Spinach, egg whites, mushrooms and 3 ounces of ham = 200 calories!
12:30 Three patties of soy based (Morningstar Farms) sausage 240 cals, One cup cooked potatoes. 300 calories.
3:00 Fruit bowl, 100 calories.
5:00 This meal was difficult to measure. We had our little family version of Thanksgiving. Ham, mac and cheese, butter lettuce salad, asparagus, home made cranberry sauce, fruit salad, home made biscuits, sparkling cider.I had a biscuit, 5 ounces of ham, 1 cup of mac-n-cheese, salad, asparagus, cider. I am rounding the meal to 800 calories give or take.
8:00 Fruit bowl 150 calories.

1,940 calories ingested less 150 burned in the gym = 1,790 net calories on the day!

This concludes Thanksgiving holiday eating binge.




No comments:

Post a Comment