Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 47, Fruit Comes To The Table

A new phase of my 'smart calorie' intake program is underway. Yesterday I ate a ton of fruit, something lacking  not only in this reduced calorie eating plan but my diet in general for most of my life.
Two new disciplines to work on starting today. More fruit, and a renewed vow to hydrate better. I know fluid intake is paramount for all the right reasons but I cannot force myself to drink when not thirsty.

6:00 Muscle Milk protein shake 150 calories.
Gym workout, 40 minutes light (modified) cardio, bicep, benchpress, shoulders.
7:00 Flat bread ham wrap. 110 + 70 + 40 bread/ham/humus 220 calories.
10:30 One whole wheat tortilla 90 calories, 1/4 onion, 1/2 cup mushrooms 4 egg whites 1 tspn olive oil. 220 calories.
Noon  Bowl of fruit. Blueberries, pineapple, strawberry 50 calories.
3:30 I am guessing at the total calories for this meal. My wife and I went to dinner at a steakhouse. I ordered a steak sandwich with a salad, no fries. I ate the salad, 300 calories easy. I ate 1/2 the sandwich. Possibly 3 ounces of lean beef, peppers, onion, mushroom and cheese (ouch), no mayo. I'm guessing 500 calories for the one half. This brings dinner to a whopping. startling 800 calories.
Note: the waitress actually brought Fries with the dish but neither my wife or I ate them. Okay, I ate 4 french fries.
6:30 4 ounces of lean ham 150 calories.

1,580 calories less 150 in my morning workout = 1,430 calories net on the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment