Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oct. 27

Daily note - Target 1,300 calories today, exercise, shop for fresh salad and soup ingredients. My cousin made a great point about the sodium levels in prepared soups and prepared foods in general. I acknowledge this. The only way I can avoid high sodium intake is to prepare more foods myself. This is the challenge going forward... I am going to watch sodium levels more closely.

5:30 am Muscle Milk Light, 8.25 fl oz. 150 cals.
9:00 am 320 calorie spaghetti and meatball frozen dinner [oops] (725 mg sodium)
12:00 pm Healthy Choice Chicken w/ Rice Soup whole can. 220 Calories (780 mg sodium)
3:00 pm A couple of samples at Costco 50 calories.
5:30 pm Six ounces Pacific Rock Fish filet, 200 calories, Green salad, mushroom and spinach cooked, 2 tbsp salad dressing. Total for dinner 400 calories. Image and description below. (low sodium )
8:00 Tbsp Peanut butter 150 calories. (projected)

The calorie count came in at just about 1,300 and that was my goal. I was interrupted at the gym today so the session was abbreviated. I maybe burned 100 calories. Net calorie intake today approx 1,200.
I am pretty certain I came in under 2,200 mg's of sodium.... One more thing to measure and worry about!


Sodium  Wikipedia
Health Canada recommends an AI of 1200–1500 mg and an UL of 2200–2300 mg per day for persons aged 9 years or more.
Dinner for Two 
Seasoned and marinated Pacific Rock Fish, butter lettuce salad w/ cucumber, carrots, avocado, olive oil based vinaigrette. Fresh mushrooms and spinach sauteed and presented as a side.  350 to 400 calories plated.




Below is my brother Frank's breakfast, an egg white and talapia fish omelet with jalapeno, cheese and salsa. Looks like it comes in at 400 calories. Without the cheese probably nearer 350 calories. Thanks for the image Frank. Great idea!




4 comments:

  1. I used a pinch of low-fat cheese for the omelet. I'm thinking it was closer to 300 calories but you're the calorie guru, lol. You're doing great and this blog is becoming pretty fun to follow. It truly is inspiring us to pay closer attention to how many calories we're eating in each meal. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 300 more like it then. Thank you for the kind comment. I think you are the only viewer/reader. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!! I have a question. Are you keeping track of your weight daily, weekly or monthly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refer you to the very first post of this blog for that answer. A negative visit to a scale could kill off my enthusiasm.
    http://operationscip.blogspot.com/2011/10/why-blog.html

    ReplyDelete