Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday Dec 10, Day 61

I think I am plateauing so my new gym plan is to shake things up by pushing more weight. I've fallen into a trap of flitting about the gym going from machine to machine looking for more of an anaerobic workout than a strength workout. The major benefit to pushing more weight is I will build muscle and look better, the down side is muscle weighs more than fat and the scale will provide fewer rewards short term.

5:00 Muscle Milk protein shake 150 calories.
7:30 3 egg whites, 3 oz Turkey sausage, 1/2 piece of wheat toast very small amount of potatoes. Cranberry juice 370 calories.
12:30 2 oz leftover steak meat, 6 ounces potatoes, 250 calories.
3:00 Bowl of mixed fruit, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries. 125 calories.
6:00 Chicken soup with mushroom and onion 200 calories.
9:00 one tablespoon peanut butter 100 calories. Edamame crackers 40 calories.

1,275 calories consumed less 200 for my early morning workout = 1,075 net calories on the day.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mike,
    As you build muscle, muscle consumer more calories than fat does so don't worry about that aspect. I'm amazed that you can eat so little. I bought some Myoplex Lite. It was at the store next to Muscle Milk, and I read the ingredients and found more nutrition in it. I had one this morning with a banana and didn't feel hungry after. Talk to you later,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look at the Myoplex Terry! I don't think 1,200 calories is enough but I don't go to bed hungry and I have more energy than I have experienced since college. Excellent tip on the banana/Myolex Lite drink.

    ReplyDelete