Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 60, Observations


Some observations from the past sixty days.

I have no cravings for red meat. I don't view it as bad as much as I don't have the need to taste it every day.
Since I'm eating more fruit and vegetables my skin, hair and nails are clearer and healthier.
I feel better about my appearance, more confident.
In the past 2 months I have learned more about nutrition than I have in the past 20 years and I still know a fraction about nutrition and what the body needs every day.
Sodium, simple carbs, refined sugars are truly the enemy of the human diet. 
I can make a very healthy and good tasting soup.
Salads are an art and I'm becoming a better artist by the week.


5:30 Protein shake (Muscle Milk Light 8.25oz) 150 calories, 17g protein, 3g carbs 250mg sodium.
7:30 Breakfast burrito 310 calories.
11:00 Chicken sandwich 300 calories.
2:30 1/2 peanut butter sandwich 290 calories.
5:00 Cecelia and I went to our favorite steakhouse to celebrate the end of a very trying week. I had a steak salad (only ate 3 ounces of meat), 1/2 a dinner roll, and enchilada as appetizer and water. Between the meat, and the salad dressing I have concluded altogether the meal came to 800 calories.
8:30 Bowl of fruit, 100 calories.

1, 950 calories on the day less 250 calories burned between my two gym visits during the day = 1,700 calories net on the day.

This was easily the highest calorie consumption day of any in the past two months. It's amazing how calories add up. My weight loss journey did not stumble tonight. I consider it a victory to be able to eat under 1,000 calories at a restaurant and enjoy it.

Bring on the next 60 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment