Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 70, Rolling Along

Observations made along the way so far.
* I have no cravings for red meat, none. Used to be I wanted the taste of steak meat now and then if only just a 6 ounce fillet. Not anymore.
* Turkey can be made to taste delicious, it takes work but when done right it can be a preferred choice.
* Soup is a perfect meal.

The ultimate reality about correcting obesity --
* There is ONLY one way to lose weight and it includes exercise, dietary discipline and a mindset makeover.

When I first began working with juvenile delinquents in juvenile hall at 22 years of age and just out of college I learned a valuable life lesson. A seasoned counselor, a hardened soul 20 years on the job with a very rough manner towards the wards told me change only happens when someone makes a decision to change. All the rules and discipline we imposed with the intent of rehabilitation were useless if the person has not made up their mind to change behavior.
This truth holds in every area of our life.

*Minimal workout today at the gym. Giving myself 150 calories on the burn.

5:30 - 6:00 Protein drink, 150 calories, Spinach/egg white/mushroom/turkey chorizo in 1/4 whole wheat pita, 100 calories.
10:30 1/2 peanut butter sandwich 280 calories.
3:00 Range/grass fed low fat hamburger (3oz) whole wheat bun/lettuce/avocado/tomato = 300 calories.
(I noted above how I don't need beef however as I am feeding both of my boys I need to make sure they get the essential proteins in beef. Their portions were easily 6 oz. I don't feel like I cheated and truthfully a veggie burger s just as good for me now.)
6:00 Garden salad w/butter lettuce/avocado/onion/cucumber/carrots/blueberries and a no fat, low cal vinaigrette. 250 calories.
8:30 one tablespoon peanut butter. 100 calories.

1,230 calories ingested today less 150 calories burned at the gym = 1,080 calories net for the day .


No comments:

Post a Comment