Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 66, Family Together For Christmas

Tomorrow Cecelia and I head to Berkeley to pick up our son Mark as his first semester in college ends. We will have him for one month and I could not be happier. With the arrival of another mouth to feed comes an added challenge to my eating schedule. Right now I cook soups and salads for myself and Cecelia as our son Matt forages and grazes more or less on his own. Mark eats all the time as you would expect an 18 year old to do and he does not cook so I will be cooking for him most meals.
Here is the plan. I intend to have a soup on hand at all times. Fruit will be available on the counter or in salad form in the fridge. I hate to sound selfish but my mission will not fail.
As for the trip to the Bay Area to reclaim Mark, the eating on the road thing is not a problem. I have more or less mastered the art of eating right on the road.

5:00 Protein drink 150 calories.
6:00 Ham on flat bread (lavash) w/humus 200 calories.
10:30 Other half 200 calories.
2:00 1/2 peanut butter sandwich 280 calories.
5:30 Dinner out / Mexican. Shared plate of pork(3oz)/rice(1/3cup) beans 1/3 cup, small bowl meatball soup/ chips and salsa, total estimated 850 calories.
8:00 1/2 cup blueberries. 65 calories.

1,745 calories consumed today less 100 calories for the workout = 1,645 net calories on the day.

*Mediocre workout at the gym, some weights but it was really an in and out. Minimal calories burn.


No comments:

Post a Comment