Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday November 15

Yesterday I met my goals of taking in fewer carbs and less sodium overall. I tried to document the measurements as best I could but it is tedious. I am getting pretty good at eyeballing the carb level in food but sodium is hidden in everything. As long as I eat more protein than carbs and my calorie counts are low I will be okay. I'll target keeping sodium under 1,800 mg a day.

5:00 Protein drink 150 calories
9:00 1/2 Lavash (flat bread) turkey roll 200 calories
1:00 EAS protein shake 110 Calories.
3:00 Bowl of soup, small bowl with one ravioli, 1 ounce chicken and 1/8 cup capellini pasta, 150 calories.
6:00 Chicken soup, 5 ounces of mostly white roasted chicken, Green salad w/ carrots, cucumber, avocado and  low fat vinaigrette.  Soup 250 calories, Salad 150 calories.
8:30 1/2 Lavash (flat bread) turkey roll 200 calories

1,310 calories consumed today less the 200 burned during my workout = net 1,110 calories today!


I almost jumped on the scale at the gym. I decided not to because if I do not see the weight drop I sense has taken place I'll likely quit my program, history bears this out. I've been down the weight loss road many times and every time I think the scale should read good numbers I am disappointed and give up. This time I will not look at a stupid scale until I am positive it will read lower than 239 and my size 40 Levi's are falling off like the 42's did.
*My gym workout today was fruitful. I worked on cardio as best I can and worked chest, lower lumbar, triceps  and upper back. Tomorrow is bicep, cardio (modified) and middle rowing. I can hardly wait for tomorrow afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment