Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday 11/12

Yesterday I learned a couple of things. I definitely know which food choices are right for me. I am still weak in the face of temptation. What I ordered at dinner out last night was perfectly fine but when a ridiculous sample platter full of fried garbage from someone else's meal was placed in the middle of the table I had to try a few bites. Unfortunately those bites add up against all the good work earlier in the day. I need to be stronger.

*200 calorie burn at the gym this morning at 6:00 am.

5:30 EAS AdvantEdge carb control protein drink 110 calories 17g protein, 3g carbs.
8:30 One English muffin, 2 ounces ham, one egg. 240 calories.
Noon 4 oz Chicken breast 150 calories.
3:00 pm Rubios chicken street taco 110 calories.
5:30 pm Cheeseburger from Five Guys 540 calories. Cheese added 70 calories to the meal. It's the first piece of cheese I've eaten in a month. I really don't need cheese at all but this was a treat.
8:30pm One ounce Roasted Peanuts, 170 calories.

Sodium was a bit off the charts today. I heard a doctor on TV this morning talking about sodium and he was saying 5,000 mg per day is about average for the American diet. I am not measuring my sodium intake precisely but I figure most days I'm between 1,500 and 2,900. I never add table salt so the sodium I take in is from prepared foods. As time passes I will be preparing more food from scratch so total sodium should drop significantly.

1,320 calories ingested - 200 expended during my workout = 1,120 total calories net for the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment