Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19, Day 40

Limiting calories intake to 1,400 calories or less is difficult. That is all I have to say about that. Day 40 and I've learned a little about food and nutrition. It's such a far ranging 'science' and I have barely scratched the surface on the subject. I need to learn more about the right foods and proper balancing of protein, carbs and fats. Learning is part of the fun of this weight loss challenge. I suppose I will be a student for the rest of my life.

*The goals today include a medium level workout, work around the home, cooking and visiting a relative in the hospital. Being busy is good.

I posted this on my Facebook page ---
Metabolism mystery. This morning at the gym an Asian woman I see there every weekend morning burned 570 calories on a stair stepper then another 500 on an elliptical then 500 or more upstairs on a treadmill. She can't weigh 95 pounds and does not lose weight. No way she eats more than 1,500 calories a day. What gives? Has she trained her metabolism to store all she eats? What happens if she quits working out?

5:00 Protein drink 110 calories, 17g protein, 4g carbs, 250mg sodium.
8:00 3 egg whites mixed with mushrooms, onion a little jalapeno pepper and three small soy sausage patties. 300 calories but it tasted horrible.
Noon Lunch with my wife Cecelia. A romantic parking lot meal from El Pollo Loco Mexican fast food chicken. I had one chicken street taco for 150 calories and splurged with a hard shell chicken taco, 190 calories. 340 calories for two combined. (34g carbs, fiber 4g, protein 22g, sodium 767mg, fat 14g. combined)
4:30 Awesome salad w/lettuce, cucumber, carrots, mushrooms, avocado, goat feta cheese. (less than 1/2 ounce), low fat vinaigrette, 300 calories.
8:00 one tablespoon peanut butter and 9 ounces of a craft beer and 10 unsalted roasted almonds. 350 total calories for the evening meal/snack.

I split this with my wife!! One beer a week is in my diet bylaws.

1,400 calories less 200 calories expended in the morning workout etc... = 1,200 calories today net!


Tomorrow is a new day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment