Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday Nov 1

Daily note; I began the day with my protein shake which usually keeps me satisfied until mid morning. Today it is not enough. I ate an ounce of unsalted roasted almonds. Today I'll head to Costco to buy a roasted chicken which I will eat part of for lunch. Dinner will be the two breasts split between Cecelia and myself with a green salad. I have to make up for yesterday. I feel I slipped a bit even though it was only by a degree.

Below is an image of our ground turkey meatballs. I have always disliked ground turkey but we have made it palatable with an imaginative spice and seasoning mix. I have to say they are very good and go well in soups or sandwiches.

Each meatball weighs in at about 3.5 ounces and delivers 150 calories with almost no sodium.

5:30 am Muscle Milk Light 150 cals (280 mg sodium) One ounce unsalted almonds 160 calories.
11:30 am Two Roasted Chicken Legs 360 calories. Wow what a difference in calories between white and dark chicken meat.
4:00 pm Small bowl of home made soup vegetable broth base 150 calories.
6:00 pm Big salad with five ounces of chicken breast, avocado, carrots, cucumber and 2 tbsp vinaigrette 500 calories. Image below.
8:00 pm Tablespoon  and 1/2 crunchy Peanut Butter 150 calories.

1,570 calories ingested less 200 expended during my workout = a net 1,370 calories for the day!.




My workout was a circuit session between 5 machines X's 30 seconds rapid reps, medium weight, three sets per machine then some ab work.




If you have an iPhone, (I don't) here is a great new app for monitoring what you eat. Have a look!


The Eatery: Massive Health Experiment #01 from Massive Health on Vimeo.


to be updated all day..

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great! I love the turkey meatball idea. We've been eating the turkey as a substitute for ground beef for a very long time now. You'll have to give me the recipe for the meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment Frank. Cecelia makes the seasoning mix. I will quiz her and get you the details.

    ReplyDelete